SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE TOUR

December 14, 2018


I was glad that I was able to view this iconic building from different angles. Inside and outside. I booked a guided tour when I was there. The tours were in various languages. I chose the English guided tour because I think it's more authentic. I learned so much from the one-hour guided tour. The tour guide brought us to different types of rooms but I didn't get to see the stars' dressing rooms. Then, all of us watched a short video in a small room before we went to other rooms. It would be so nice if I could afford to watch a show in the Sydney Opera House and dine at Bennelong Restaurant. Photography and video shooting were not allowed when we were in the theater hall. The theater hall looked really nice. It's very  well-designed.  The Sydney Opera House was designed by a Danish architect named Jorn Utzon. This amazing building is actually composed of 1,056,000 cream-coloured Swedish tiles. The tour guide did ask us to knock one of the tiles too.  The tour guide was actually from Germany. Haha. She was a little bit nervous that day because that was her first guided tour. However, she did a pretty good job in explaining all the details to us.  

The tour departs from 9am to 5pm.
Price for the guided tour : AUD37 adult &  AUD 20 child
Sydney Opera House is just a stone's throw distance from the Circular Quay station.

What an experience!!! Before the guided tour began, we were given headphones. It was very windy at Sydney Opera House and lots of tourists inside the building. I was glad that headphones were provided so the tour guide didn't have to shout and we could listen to her explanation clearly.


This was just a small hall where we watched a video clip.

Everybody got a chance to touch the tiles. Haha this guy didn't look impressed with the tiles I guess.

Look at all these cream-coloured Swedish tiles. The tour guide did tell us that the workers will clean the tiles yearly if I'm not mistaken. She explained a lot but I couldn't remember all. It was very impressive!!! Lol. I was too mesmerized by the amazing view from this building so I didn't pay much attention actually. *guilty*

The tour guide told us that this was the The Cleavage haha. 


I really thought the woman in front of me was Anna Kendrick from the Pitch Perfect. Haha. I actually saw Rebel Wilson when I was in Sydney. I was so lucky. She was actually there for her Pitch Perfect 3 movie premier on 30th November 2017.


Just want to show you how windy outside the Sydney Opera House.



Worth my money :)

*****
Let's Hi 5 the world!


You Might Also Like

0 comments