CHINATOWN, SINGAPORE- BEST PLACE TO BUY SOUVENIRS

September 20, 2016


Chinatown in Singapore has lots of delicious local food. There is one stall selling chicken rice for 2SGD only. The queue is crazy so do come early if you want to try the 2SGD chicken rice. It's located at one of the stalls inside the food court. The food court is located in front of the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple & Museum. Cheap and affordable souvenirs is another reason that makes me want to  revisit Singapore's Chinatown. 


The tote bags were nice!

Nice souvenirs with affordable prices.

Hmm. What to buy?

Compared with Taiwan, Singapore's keychains were cheap!
Look at these!

At first I didn't want to buy anything at the Chinatown. However,I changed my mind after I saw these things. Lol.

Yes. Dreamcatchers! I had been longing to have a dreamcatcher. The dreamcatchers that are sold in Malaysia are very expensive. Usually, the smallest one costs more than RM10. This keychain-sized dreamcatcher was just nice for me. They also sold medium size and large size dreamcatchers. The price for these sizes were out of my budget so I opted for the small one. One for 1SGD which means RM3 only. Great deal! I bought two dreamcatchers from the shop. In case you want to purchase this cheap dream catchers, the shop is located near the entrance of the Chinatown MRT. When you walk out from the Mrt station, the shop is the third shop *if I'm not mistaken lol* on your left hand side. It's the only shop that sell dreamcatchers! The other shops were selling the typical things like key chains, chopsticks, fridge magnets and etc. This shop offered something different. Besides that, the tote bags that were sold at their shop were much cheaper and nicer.

Lol. I planned to buy lots of these dreamcatchers and sell them at Malaysia. Too bad I didn't have money.
When I strolled around the other shops, these woven Hello Kitty bags caught my attention. Damn! I wanted to buy one of these. However I didn't buy it because ..yeah..freaking expensive.
I also bought a hat from the same shop because I forgot to bring my umbrella. After I bought the hat, immediately I put it on. Coincidentally, I spotted two Japanese tourists wearing the same type of hat in the subway. And some people also thought that I'm Japanese after I wore this type of hat.

So if you are travelling to Singapore, this is the best place for you to buy souvenirs. Bugis street has lots of souvenirs too but most of the things were quite expensive. I always shop here when I come to Singapore.

You Might Also Like

0 comments