Perak International Jamboree 2014

December 12, 2014

This holiday I didn't go anywhere and I started my holiday quite late because I joined the Perak International Jamboree. Yes, this is an annual event and this is my second jamboree. Jolly scouting! Some people may not like activity like Jamboree and always question me that why do I like camping so much. Well..I do not know what to say. It's the experience that counts! I just like to make new friends. Well, I may look like introvert but I do have friends though. It's not the number of friends that I have, it's the quality of friendship that counts. *cough* Let's back to the topic. So, I went to jamboree again and this time around I had lots of fun! I have many things to say because this was a ten days camp man. No kidding. I survive and I consider this is a new achievement in my life. Haha. I should have blog daily during my jamboree..Now, I'm blur. What to write...
This photo was captured on our first day of jamboree. Basically, we had nothing to do on the first day and we just strolling casually at the campsite. It was quite big and the seaside was a bonus for this jamboree. We came here so early. We came here two days before the jamboree started. The official registration day was on 24th of November and we were assigned to come here early to help. At first I didn't like the fact that we had to go to Teluk Batik earlier than the other IST. However, I was glad that we went there early because we got the opportunity to choose our bedroom. Hahaha. 

This photo was captured on day 2 if I'm not mistaken. I went sight-seeing with Thevika and took some photographs.

So, this is our Dewan Makan -Dining hall for the Volunteers. We had four different types of dining area. This one is for Volunteers which are from the IPG, universities and rover scouts. The second type is for the urusetia. Third is for the international scouts and fourth is at every sub camps. For example.. every sub camps have their own dining area. For instance, Negeri Sembilan contigents only eat at their campsite. It is very organized but the shortcoming of it is we could not get to meet each other easily. So basically, I saw the same faces *the volunteers* daily.

We ought to queue up, give the card to be signed by someone. Then we went to take our food. I really must talk about the menu of this jamboree. It was awesome!!!!! Everyday the meals were different. We had a variety of food. Fried noodles or sometimes beehoon for our breakfast. They even prepared bread, jam and kaya. During afternoon, they catered us with rice..wow..sometimes nasi beriyani, sometimes the other kind of rice..*sorry I didn't know about the name of it* It was very tasty! We had fishes, chicken.... For instance, fried chicken, salted fish,  So, we didn't feel bored for the 10 days because the menu was different. Every meal also comes with side dishes like orange, or some vegetables *ulam kot* lol..Wow..When I talk about the drinks.Well, we have different kind of drinks too. For instance, syrup, orange and etc. It makes me drool when I recalled the food that I ate at the jamboree. Hmm.. hope I didn't gain too much weight la. I haven't check my weight after the jamboree because I was sick for almost a week. Hahah. I just want to thank the uncle that serve the food to us daily.Thank you so much. Thank you for waiting us patiently to finish the food and then he went back to prepare another meal for us. Actually the breakfast was ready at 7 o'clock every morning. However, we woke up quite late..*quite late I mean 9?lol* Luckily he was still there and there was food for us--lazy people.My shift was in the afternoon so..sorry ya I had to wake up late a bit.Hahaha. Well, even if I woke up early I still had to queue to use the toilet. For your information, our dorm was accommodated by almost 25+ people. So, it took some time for us to get the opportunity use the toilet. Nevertheless, I feel grateful because I managed to take my shower three times a day compare with JIJ I just took my shower once a day...Anf just mandi kerbau saja..Can you imagine that?
Pramuka.I really like them for their enthusiasm in scouting. Their kids were really active and always went around the campsite and sing.Stamping their feet...singing...clapping...and I love the penguin dance performed by the Indonesian. It was really fun, catchy and definitely useful to be used in school later on. Thumbs up for them!

On the third day, I saw the intruder in front of our dorm while Thevika was taking her shower. The other people went out to work and only left us in the dorm. I managed to snap a photo of it without making it angry. There were lots of monkeys sneak in to our dorm area . All the rubbish were scattered on the floor. A total mess! Luckily they just wanted food and they didn't harm us so it's okay. I opened the sliding door and shouted SHHH..I kinda scare the monkey away. HUHU.Luckily it climbed up to the tree and disappeared out of a sudden. After that, Thevika and I went out safely.

I wanted to play this with Huda, Marry and Thevika. Too bad we were very busy after the opening ceremony. It looked fun. I never had the chance to join as participant. :( Why my school didn't ask us to join jamboree during my secondary school time. Hahahaha. But I was a member of St.John Ambulance back then. Didn't know that scouting will be that fun. I used to think that scouting is only marching...marching...and marching....eventually I was wrong after I joined the jamboree. It was more than that. :)

The teenagers were really having fun. They were enjoying themselves after they joined some of the activities.

So many people..They said that there were approximately 7000 people gathered at the jamboree. 

Interesting!

And hey..I managed to meet up with my friend on the third day. :) The friend that I had met at JIJ 2013. A very nice person and cikgu-cemerlang-to-be lol. Hope he remember to share his PSV lesson plans with me. 

kolam

Add caption


Tarian Debus 

Thevika: Macam pasar malam dah, apa-apa pun ada jual. Yup, we were having a good time there. We spent quite a lot on food. :( We didn't try the char kuey teow that was strongly recommended by our dormmates. Haha. However I tasted the waffle! Thanks to Kime, she offered one of her waffle to me when I was very hungry. The waffle was really nice!


A cute kid from Kazakhstan, Russia.Miraz.

Another IST from Cambodia. He is a really friendly person. We feel so happy working with him. I notice that he knows lots of thing and very interested in every country's culture. I feel kinda ashamed when I realised that he could memorise the 1 Malaysia song. I didn't even know a song from Cambodia. I am so shallow. :( How to compete globally when a teenager like him is so good and resourceful. I was glad that I had the opportunity to join this international unit. This is because I get to see things differently and realise that I am not so good in many things.

Scout-creating a better world. ^^

We were invited by the Brunei contigents.



Learned some funny interjections from them.
ok la. *malaysia* 
ok na *cambodia*
ok man *philipine*

Thevika and these lovely people. Hope to see you guys again!

Sweet memory with them :) There's story behind this. No pain no gain. 

And this guy named Sumnit was from Sathom, Thailand. He also worked together with us as an IST. However, he could barely speak English. I tried to speak with him and tried to help him to translate. But me myself was not very good.I told him I can only speak my mum's dialect put pasa isan and not so good in standard Thai language..but luckily he understood a bit. I am really sorry. :(
I'm such a joke...you see my mum is a Thai but I couldn't speak Thai fluently.... Lol...Okay..Maybe I will try to polish my Thai after I passed my aptis la. lol.

Sayonara, my dear friends! Goodbye is the hardest thing to say. 

Our dorm. All those sweet memories. Packed like sardines..Slept like sardines...I'm sorry Thevika haha.. Two of us had to share one single bed and there were people sleeping at every corner of the house. Some slept near the toilet, some slept beside our heads.........................How I miss everyone of you.

Jamuan for us... All the other people already went back and we stayed back for extra two days...

Lovely couple.

Thank you my Cambodia friend. I had nothing to offer to him but my wishes. Haha. Only 10 cents.

See you again! Next year it will be the last jamboree for me.I hope I can join it before I graduate. Fingers crossed.

You Might Also Like

1 comments