ALIVE

December 10, 2015


2015 is indeed a very hectic year for me. Finally I can have a break but I hope that it's not a long break. I need to work and I need money. *Checking my bsn account and when I look at the figure...Oh!I don't have much money left.* I'll skip the money thingy here.Oh, it is very tiring. Very tired. Tedious. Burn out.We rushed like mad people for our final semester. Due to some reasons, our course duration had been shortened. We suffered like hell. Action research report, Action Research oral presentation, final examination, internship for two months and lastly our final destination- interview. At first I thought oral presentation was the hardest thing in my life, but the interview scared me the most!!!!! 

The same day we received our result and interview date. I didn't have time to catch my breath. I was quite surprised that I got A for my ar and cs. Both of them were strict. I remembered I did read the book that madam asked us to buy. Very lengthy but I guess it helped me a lot to 'goreng' the essay. The saddest thing was I didn't get first-class honour. When I checked the result with my internship mates, I couldn't hide my disappointment and I shouted "Huh!!!!就差那0.02!!!!心痛死我啦!!!!!!!!" I had to accept the fact that I was not good enough. :) My mates kept on comforting me, "ntg pun..很好了啦." Thank you guys but it's a not big matter for me anymore. I'm glad that I'm still alive after five and a half years of my training. Now, I would like to talk about my interview experience. The nerve-wrecking moment started when the date of my interview was confirmed. I was freaked out because I found out that I had a lot of things to read. Talking about preparation we had more time compare to our Sabah and Sarawak friends. After I did the document verification, I was getting all nervous. Everyday I opened my file to check whether the documents would go missing. *like crazy..* I heard that some people couldn't get interviewed because they left their documents at home. As usual, I was being too cautious, crazy and kept on checking the files everyday. lol. I was a clumsy person. My things always went missing so I had to do this. Sometimes I became uneasy when I lost my pen, name tag and watch..those small things. Then I started to search every nook and cranny. Haha..my internship mates already used to bear with this silly act of mine. The next day I would show them my thing happily and said, "Haha...I found it already." Mates asked, " Where?" Me, "I misplaced it. Haha. "*laugh awkwardly*  Then they gave me the look. =.=  Frankly speaking, I didn't have appetite to eat for two weeks. The night before my interview I didn't sleep at all. Insomnia. I wanted to rest actually but I just couldn't fall asleep. The next morning, I 'woke up' at 5 a.m. Actually, I stopped reading at 4 a.m. something because I couldn't take it anymore. I departed from my house at 6 a.m. I didn't overnight at Putrajaya...well..have to save money. It's a two hours' drive from my home to the destination. When we stopped at rnr for breakfast, I didn't eat heavy breakfast. I just ate some breads. I was afraid of having an upset tummy. When I reached there, I parted with my parents. They waited at the roadside with the other parents. When I entered the gate of the building, I was delighted to see some familiar faces. We had some chats. We lined up sharply at 8.30 a.m. to get our pass to enter the building. The area was big and nice but I didn't have the time and mood to enjoy it. I walked with my new friend to find the interview room. It was so far. We couldn't walk fast with heavy books on our hands. After that we reached another building and we found the room. When we entered the room, lots of people were sitting at the waiting area. *skip it...it's quite boring.*
My session was supposed to start at 9.30 a.m. but it was postponed to 12.15 p.m. I was the first one to enter the room because my name start with c...damnitman..hmm..The only perk of it was I could enter earlier and the disadvantage was I didn't have much time to think before I speak. The first question that was posed to me was "Please introduce yourself". After I finished talking, I forgot to mention about my aptis result. The panel did ask about it. I was just too nervous.I forgot about the grade.I was thinking b what ar...haha. So I blurted out b3. Then he seemed to look surprised. *I was so silly haha. I actually get b2. There's no B3 in the grade at all. Only B2 and B1.* Now I am worried because he jotted down something. So, these were the questions that we got.

General questions1. Major ethnics in Sarawak.                                                                 Me: Iban
    Their celebration.                                                                               Me: Gawai
    The drink that they drink during the celebration..er what is that..   Me: TAPAI..haha..*Sweating*
2. Major ethnics in Sabah.
    What dance?
3. Talk about major ethnics in malaysia. org asli can be found in any other states? Name some famous food in Melaka..
4. Famous food in Kelantan.What's the name of the sauce for nasi kerabu? Saw biji getah before?
5. Talk about famous food in penang. What souvenir that you can buy from penang. What is the English name for buah pala..  *nutmeg* This was a bonus,but we couldn't answer it.Miss Jen did buy this fruit for us to eat..haish haha.
6. Something about twinning programme..What's ur opinion.
7. Teacher's job v.s. a doctor's job.
There were a lot of questions posed by the first panel actually.I just remember these.

I felt much better after the general questions.However, when it was another major panel's turn to ask questions, I started to feel nervous again. I was the first one so I had to get ready to answer. *fuh*

Major

1. What is a lesson plan. *okay..this is just a warm up.*
2. something about relieve teacher
3. about writing skill in our lesson
4. how to motivate pupils.
5. how to handle co-curicular activities.
6. reflection
7.what method do you use in your teaching

When the panel said, "This will be the last question." all of us were like "Phew!Finally."  *put your hands in the air* Somehow I forgot what is the last question. The duration of our interview session was from 12.15 p.m. to 2 p.m. Bravo. Everyone talked so well, except me. I was quite bad in speaking. Lots of tongue-tied moments. Anyway, I do hope that I can pass the interview. :) No matter how hard it was, I did try. Don't worry so much about proficiency. Just talk sincerely.
Photo from my mum's phone. Kinda pity them because they had to wait outside the complex. There were limited seats and it was very hot outside. The cafeteria was small. It was just like a small hut. =.=. They waited me from 8 a.m. to 2.30 p.m. After 6 hours of waiting, I went out and saw them standing at the door anxiously. The first thing that they asked me was, "Did you pass the interview?" I told them, "Maybe January..hmm..Don't know la.They performed so well.I don't know I will get posted or not." Mum, "If cannot just find other jobs la...why are u so worry about it." *hee..thanks for being so understanding. I hope that I will not disappoint them.*


You Might Also Like

0 comments