5 THINGS TO DO AT SINGAPORE BOTANIC GARDENS

February 02, 2017

This time around I went to Singapore Botanic Garden instead of Gardens by the Bay. This was because I was out of budget and I wanted to bring my friend to somewhere nice. Hence, we decided to go to this garden. Yes. Even though this place was beautiful and well taken care of, still you can't compare it with Gardens by the Bay. I had been to several Singapore National Parks and I like all of the parks. I could see that they really put a lot of efforts in conserving the nature. All the parks are so clean and safe for us to visit. I actually planned to visit all the national parks if I had time and money. However I just chose to go to visit one park only for this trip because I didn't want my friend to feel bored. *Imagine if it's your first trip to Singapore and your friend just bring you to national parks instead of the touristy places. Lol. * Initially I planned to go to MacRitchie resrvoir for the tree top walk. However, due to the fact that we just had two days' time at Singapore I just changed my plan.

I was amazed to find out that this garden is actually a 156-year-old tropical garden and it was founded in 1859. This garden is also Singapore's first UNESCO Heritage Site! Cool. I have listed down 5 things that you can do at the Singapore Botanic Garden. 


5 things to do at Singapore Botanic Garden
1.Visit the National Orchid Garden
The National Orchid Garden was located 900 meter from the entrance. I didn't expect this Botanic Gardens to be so big. We were drenched in sweats when we reached the Orchid Garden. The admission fee was okay. It was way more cheaper than Gardens by the Bay. *giggle*






2. Picnic with the local

The stage was surrounded by water. Lovely!

There was a symphony stage at the garden too. Try to imagine you're lying down on the grass and listening to music performed by some artists. Heaven.

The local were spending their lovely time there. We saw kids playing with their scooters, balls and running around the gardens.The parents were lying on the mat and chatting. 

3. Jogging or walk your dog
On our way to the National Orchid Garden, we saw the local jogging around the park. We were at the park for almost two hours and it was already 12 p.m. However, lots of local were spotted jogging, walking their dog and having picnic at the garden. We were like wow! We went there on 1st January so I guess many Singaporeans spent their family time here. I also saw some foreign workers brought bags of food to picnic too. I really love this place. It was so clean, safe, and nice!  We also saw many types of dogs there. As you all know Singapore is a land scarce country this garden is certainly a nice place for their dogs to mingle too. 




4. Chill at the cool house
This place was definitely the place that we wanted to stay longer when we were at the garden. 

There's a nice walkway to the cool house.


We stopped here for a while to take some photos. Suddenly, there was a friendly tourist wanted to help us to take some photos. Lol. At first my friend and I were figuring how to take nice photos at the spot. We were squatting because we wanted to find some nice angles. Suddenly this tourist approached us and helped us to take photos. Maybe she thought we really needed help. After she helped us to take photos, we asked her whether she wanted us to help us to take photos too. However, she just dashed into the cool house. Thanks anyway. 



5. Visit the mist house
The mist house is quite small. However you can see lots of beautiful orchids there.





6. Strolling casually and take nice photos


Wore the wrong shoes for my Singapore trip. I guess beauty is pain. The shoes looked nice but it was such a pain to walk with them.




 At the entrance of the garden.

 Somewhere near the mist house.

 On our way to the Cool House.

With my travel buddy.


Green and lush.




If you're a nature lover and on a tight budget because you can't visit Gardens by the Bay, then this place is for you.


How to go there?
1. Bus
SBS Transit 48, 66, 151, 153, 154, 156, 170. SMRT 67, 171.

2. Train
Nearest MRT Station : Botanic Gardens MRT Station (Circle Line & Downtown Line)


Entrance ticket:
5 SGD


Any other nice activities that we can do at Singapore Botanic Gardens? Do let me know :)


Let's hi 5 the world

You Might Also Like

0 comments