CHINATOWN, SINGAPORE - BUDDHA TOOTH RELIC TEMPLE & MUSEUM

November 03, 2016



The next time when you go to Singapore's Chinatown, do not forget to visit this Buddha Tooth Relic Temple & Museum. During my first visit to Singapore, I thought that this temple is just an ordinary temple. When the second time I went to Chinatown with my friend, we decided to visit it. Surprisingly, we spent almost two hours inside the temple. There were so many things for us to explore but we had to rush to Gardens by the Bay. I didn't have much time to read all the descriptions of the monuments, sculptures and etc. Luckily we were allowed to take photos in the museum. However, we could not take photo of the relics. Besides that, this was actually my first time to see the relics! So real close. Crystal clear relics extracted from different parts of the monks. It's truly amazing.

Things to do at the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple & Museum
1.Meditate
Go to the last floor to join the local to meditate. Meditate at your own risk because there's no people to guide you.

2. Listen to Buddhist chant
There are several chanting sessions conducted by several monks in the temple. Just check the schedule which is displayed at the entrance of the temple.

3. Try the free vegetarian meal
We didn't get the opportunity to try the vegetarian meal there. I heard that free vegetarian meal is provided on certain days only. Do ask the staffs there.




Shawls are provided for the tourists who wear sleeveless top and shorts. Free of charge.

I was in awe when I saw this. The temple is very grand and beautiful. Many things are donated by the devotees.


If you are into Buddhism, this is the right place for you learn and discover. Many collections from countries like Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, China and India.


There's a secret rooftop garden at this temple. I love the design of this temple. It's like a maze. Visit it to know more about this temple and museum.

You Might Also Like

0 comments