9 GRADUATION PHOTOSHOOT IDEAS

November 24, 2016


Just graduated from high school, college or university? Having headache to decide what to wear, what make up to put on, hairstyle, and places to do photo shoot? No worries! Here are some ideas for you.


1. Photo shoot concept Ideas:
Generally it depends on the individuals. A month before your photo shoot, you can try to search for ideas on the internet that suit your personality. 
How to pose?
What quotes should I insert on my photographs?
These are the very common search for the graduate. For me, Pinterest is still the best site to search for all these creative and nice ideas for your photo shoot. Click here to view the ideas that I have pinned on my Pinterest board. You can create a board and start adding your favourite photo shoot  photos on your board too. It's very easy to view all the pinned photos and you can categorize them under different categories according to your preferences. For instance, graduation makeup ideas, graduation outfit ideas, graduation bouquet flower ideas and quotations. 


2. Makeup
It depends on the individual too. If you prefer cakey makeup look. Then you can go for it. If you want to look flawless and you wish your face can look slimmer? Fret not! These are the products that I had used on that day. 


The price is way more cheaper when you purchase these products online although you can get them at your nearest drugstore. If you are a cheapskate like me and you are willing to wait, you can order them here. 
Other products that I used.
  •  IN2IT BB Make Up Cream 5 in 1 SPF30PA++ Ivory  (Buy it here)
  • IN2IT Waterproof Eyebrow Colour                               (Buy it here)
  • Mistine Dream Lip and Tint                                           (Buy it here)
  • Innisfree  No-Sebum Mineral Powder                           (Buy it here)
  • Bausch+Lomb Lacelle Diamond Daily Contact Lens-Champagne Brown




3. Outfit 
What do you want to wear? Jeans? A nice dress? A sexy bodycon dress to flaunt your nice body figure? Whatever clothes that are you going to wear on that day, do make sure that you feel comfortable. It takes time to get the nice shoot. You will sweat a lot I tell you, especially with that thick robe. So please choose wisely. You don't want the awkward sweat stains, am I right?



4. Hairstyle
Curly? Straight and sleek hair? Perm? Bun? Braids? Personally, I think you have to know your face shape then only you can decide what hairstyle looks best on you. Especially with that graduation cap on! :(  Some people's face look big after wearing it. I recommend any hairstyles with side fringe. 


5. Props for photo shoot
Props are very important in making you graduation photos different from the other people too. I just used a small chalkboard to write something on it. Nothing fancy and expensive. 


6.Venue
Choose your favourite places to do the photo shoot. It can be at the backyard of your house, your favourite playground, your campus or your favourite hang out places.

Do you still remember this? I was inspired by them to shoot my graduation photos at my favourite places. Unfortunately, I could only borrow the robe for two days. Thus, it was very rushing and I didn't actually have ample time to go to my favourite places to shoot my graduation photos. Initially, I wanted to have a photo shoot at the Malacca Klebang Beach and my campus. Lol. *sobs*

However, I did my so called photoshoot at Putrajaya Area because it's near to the hotel that I'm staying and near to the convocation hall. The venue that I chose to do the photoshoot were all free. Free Admission



7. Camera
The camera that I used was Casio Exilim ZR-3600. (Buy it here) 
(Product review-coming soon)
It's very easy to use. Most of the time I just use selfie mode and auto mode and I'm very satisfied with this camera.



8. Application/ software to edit photos 
I consider this is the best part of it. How to process your photos? Some people just hire professionals to do all the things for them. So they don't have to worry much and the outcomes are very jaw dropping. I wish I can have a professional shooting session too. However it's too expensive for even an one hour's session. In order to save  budget, I plan all these things alone. Fortunately, my parents and my brother were able to take turn to help me to take photos. I couldn't do this without them. 

  • Professional photo editing software- Adobe Photoshop  *I have CC2014 version but I don't really use it*
  • VSCO- For me, I think VSCO is still the best application to edit tons of photos in a fast and easiest way. Personally I love the minimalist theme. Currently great crisp, clean and white photos seem to be the latest trend to and my favourite filter preset from VSCO is A series- A9 and A8. 

           (How to edit photos using VSCO? Please subscribe to my blog to get the tutorial)




9. Photo printing
After shooting all these beautiful photographs, you may want these photos to be printed out in hard copies. You may want to hang your portrait in your living room-to tell the world that you have just graduated. Nowadays photo printing has become much cheaper, easier and with better qualities. Where do you want to print these photos? 

  • Make it as a photobook-To document this significant moment

I'm quite lazy to go to print the photos at a studio. I prefer to do it online. What's so special about it? Well. I can customize it. So, I order a photobook from Photobook Malaysia .Instead of the cliche photographs, why don't you print your graduation photos on different mediums? Want to print your photo on a canvas? How about on pillows xD? A notebook? Print it on a canvas? A calendar? Sticker labels? Mugs? Desktop Plagues? Photo puzzles? Phone case? Luggage tag? All these can be done from this website and delivered to your doorstep after a few days. Totally hassle free. 








Photos
























You Might Also Like

0 comments