HAKKA STREET, MIAO LI, TAIWAN

January 17, 2016

Day 5 

There was a Hakka Street in front of the Sheng Xing Old Railway Station. The Hakka Street was located in ShengXing Village in Miaoli County. We went to the railway station first before we strolled at the Hakka Street. Unfortunately, most of the shops were closed when I walked out from the railway station. We just managed to try the Hakka mochi. Hmm..it tasted kinda weird. Salty. The flavour of the mochi is different from what we had tasted at Malaysia. Maybe we were not used to it. Haha. Normally, we like sweet mochi. I bought a handmade bag here. It was sold in TWD 400. After we tried to ask the owner to reduce the price, she finally agreed to sell the bag to me for TWD 360. She wanted to close her shop early and she used the usual tactic "if you guys buy many = then many discounts" Lol. Well. We just bought those begs. We also tried some tidbits and pickled fruits at the stalls. I like pickled fruits but I didn't buy. Lol. 


While waiting for our cab driver to fetch us, we were strolling casually along the Hakka Street. It was already evening after we came out from the railway station. What a hot summer day.  We were drenched in sweat after visiting all these stalls.


Lots of handcrafted key chains were sold at the Hakka street. I just realised that key chains were sold very expensive at Taiwan. The souvenir seldom came in bundle. So far, the cheapest souvenir that I found was at Tamsui. TWD 20 for a pencil. When I entered one of the shops in Hakka Street, these things caught my attention. The packaging was so cute. It looked like 'herbs' like what we saw on the television. I forgot what was inside the package. It was some junk food if I'm not mistaken. 


I really wanted to try Taiwan's Hakka 'Lei Cha' here. Too bad. The restaurant was closed. So we didn't get the chance to savor authentic Hakka dishes there.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Very Nice trip and Very Amazing Photo graph...So Nice
    Visit http://badikhabar.com

    ReplyDelete