Done.1st practicum.

May 03, 2014

It was such a memorable experience for me. I just finished my first practicum. Hmm..Nothing much to say. Just have one word to describe it-tired. I'm glad that I'm still survive after the hectic schedule. *hectic?lol* I think I just shed some fat because if this practicum. Can't imagine how I will look like for the next two months practicum. Stress. Can't sleep properly. Restless night. Basically...my partner and I didn't sleep well daily. Our routine was so much the same. We wake up at 6 a.m daily...even though our school is just 5 minutes' drive from our rented house...we still wake up early ..hahaha. because there were 5 of us in the house and we ought to take turn to use the toilet. Then, we will reach the school 7.10 a.m. We go back 1.30 p.m. everyday and we didn't have lunch for that whole month....Hmm.Just because we were too tired to eat..It was so exhausting I didn't know why. Even though we just teach one hour per day. After we reached our 'home sweet home' we took our nap and woke up at 5p.m..Then, we had our dinner..Soon, we started to write lesson plan and prepare teaching aids. It was really tired...Really =.= I sleep at 3 a.m daily..and the day before my  last observation I slept at 4.30 a.m...Well...I just screwed the last observation. Such a painful memory...lol. Well..I'm glad that at least it was over now. One thing I want to mention is....It is quite disheartening when you put in a lot of efforts in your teaching aids (paint,draw, cut, paste..etc), but your students just don't appreciate them..So..urm.....quite sad. Well. Not all. At least I have some students really like my drawing..even though they look horrible. When they knew that I drew and prepared all these teaching aids for them, they were really excited.
When I was busy pasting the manila cards on the board. Some students came and asked me.
Students: Teacher, did you draw these all by yourself?
Me: Ya, why?
Student: Wow...hen mei lei laoshi ni hen li hai hua lie! (so beautiful, teacher you can draw so well)
And I felt satisfied too when I saw the grin on these cutie pie' faces.


A reward chart for my year 4 students. This class was not so competitive. Even though I promised them that I will give rewards to the best group and best students, they were not motivated to learn either. Haiz. Many krik krik moment...and my last observation was ruined by them...haha...nola..It was me who was really bad in classroom management. I was just jawdrop when I asked questions and they didn't give me any response at all. Luckily I had another boy who helped me a lot. Really thank to this naughty student, Ri Qi who always answer my questions during the kirkkrik moment. Even though he just talked nonsense. Hahahah. At least I still had one student that was active in my class ma.
Some funny dialogues with my year 4 students.

1
T: Alright students, what will you do if the stranger wants the catch you.
Class: *display adequacy* KRIK KRIK KRIK KRIK
T: Students, how? Okay, who know? Who WANT to answer???????*nervous face*
Ri Qi: Ah! Teacher I know. I know.*waved his hand frantically*
T: Yes, Ri Qi *thank god...finally.*
Ri Qi: I will shoot him. Biang biang biang *showing the action of shooting*
T: k...k...*speechless*

2
T: Do you like the book review activity?
Class: KRIK KRIK KRIK
T: How about you Ri Qi?
Ri Qi: Boring.
T: *Keep calm because my teacher is observing me. Keep calm.* Oh, if it was so boring how come you already finished your work? KRIK KRIK KRIK...*fake a smile*
And I didn't know what I was talking about. Damn.

So..basically I had more interaction with this student named Ri Qi.....huh. It's okay.

Year 3. Mischievous class. All were very talkative. At first they disliked me because I refused to speak mandarin with them. Not all were interested in my lesson, just interested in my alluring prizes only. Haha.
Activity for set induction- jigsaw puzzle..YOYOYo,,Do you kids like it? But...they spent half an hour to complete the puzzle..it was supposed to be a 5 minutes activity. Fortunately, no observation on that day. So, lesson learned. DON'T CREATE SUCH A DIFFICULT PUZZLE MISS CHAN. I could see that the students were really frustrated when they couldn't complete the puzzle..ok2. Sorry ya..my dear y3 students haha.

Presents for my y3 students.

Y4...


Y3 ..CUTE!!!

So happy leh...of course la haha.They really liked the presents that I bought for them.
Y4 ...my favourite student. Ri Qi. (front-first 1 from the left)



Thx senior for editing this photo for me. And her DSLR, *wink*




xi gua tian bu tian????? TIANN...

Will blog about the presents that my students gave me before I left the school :) Soon....

You Might Also Like

0 comments