first week and second week

April 12, 2014

Hmm...well nobody knows how tired we are. It's very tiring. Hmm. I have a lot to tell but don't know what to tell because there are so many things happened during these weeks. Firstly, it's about the classes that I got. I got year 4 and year 3 students and they were okay la. Just ..hmm.dunno what to say...it's so tiring to teach la when the students refuse to listen to you. Since, it's very difficult to get a lcd projector. We used the traditional method...chalk and talk. We wrote the whole passage on a mahjong paper or manila paper..then decorate a bit to make it look not so dull, be creative or whatever...but in the end your students did not appreciate your efforts...so how will you feel? Well, kids nowadays are different, the you-behave-and-i-will-give-you-sweets tactic doesn't work anymore la..seriously =,=. What Dreikurs theory la...Canter la...bla..bla bla you name it.. but I just think these theory do not work.....So I will just use my own theory. The kids are just plain rude. They feel like they are very good and clever so most of them will not respect the teacher. Oh come on...if you are very good ..diam diam sudah... don't disturb your friend la..they still want to learn....And they will give some kind of stare to you which I don't really like! These kids...speechless.But I don't bother them much. Well...but not all the kids are like that. Some students are very cute and I feel sad for some of them when they refuse to learn and sit there doing nothing. I couldn't do much because my lecturer was there. No time to pay more attention to these weak students because the lesson was going on and my lecturer was observing me. So, I just pat his shoulder and said, "Chong, ok? Do you work ah." Some are very industrious. They always come to see me and read to me. I don't know they come to read for the sake of the best student reward...or something else. but I was touched by these hardworking students. Recess time is the only time they can meet me and read to me. One of the students just finished his breakfast and ran to my room. He was still panting while he read the story "The Greedy Lion" to me. I was so moved by him. Although he did make some mistakes in his pronunciation, I did appreciate his efforts very much. He was very active during my lesson and I was sure he did learn something. Everything was okay. Hmm....are they going to miss me when I'm leave the school? Haha..I just made a joke with my friend yesterday.. I hope my students will not throw eggs to me la on my last day at the school....haha.
Last thing..the thing I dreaded the most when my kids said that the activities are boring. Well. What activity do you want then? Well jigsaw puzzle, gallery walk, think-pair-share- watching video and bla3...seriously what else the kids want from us....All these are cliche for them already. Seriously?
I can't think of any interesting activities to you. All academic things are boring. Tell me. Or I'm the cause of boredom.......like a typical teacher.I know right.Huhu.
So let's see what will happen for the next two weeks.

You Might Also Like

0 comments