CHESTER

December 06, 2019


31st May 2019
After exploring Chester Zoo, we boarded a bus to Chester Town. We just had a few hours to stroll around Chester before the sky turned dark. I was in love with Chester city as well. This ancient city had a unique atmosphere and I really enjoyed my walk to look at all of the Roman city walls made of local red sandstones. Their cafe culture was quite insteresting as well because most of the cafe were in old buildings.

1. EASTGATE AND EASTGATE CLOCK
📍 Address: 41-45 Eastgate St, Chester CH1 1LE, United Kingdom
🕒Hours: 24 Hours

When we arrived at Chester, the Eastgate Clock was the first thing that caught my attention.This eastgate clock is actually a turret clock built above the Eastgate of the ancient walls of Chester. The Eastgate has a clock face on all face sides and is said to be the most photographed clock in England after Big Ben. Lots of the tourist stopped by to take photos of this special landmark.


It was another gloomy day in England.

Oh my god. This was my dream place. I wanted to enter all the shops. All the shops were very special. You can find lots of vintage stuff here. Too many shops to go but too little time for us.

Take a look at this red sandstone building. It's so amazing!

Yesssss. This is what I'm talking about! This is not a typical shop. The shop was closed so I just took this photo through the glass window.

2. BURGER SHED 41
📍Address: 41 Bridge St, Chester CH1 1NG, United Kingdom
🕒Opening Hours : Daily 11.30a.m to 9p.m
💰 Price: Not too pricey. Quite affordable.
Fries all day. Everyday. How can you resist all these delicious and crunchy fries when you're in England? I have to say that England is indeed a french fries paradise for me. I can easily get delicious fries daily. I couldn't remember how much fries I had eaten during that 2 weeks. Surprsingly I didn't gain much weight after the trip. Thanks to all the crazy walking journey.  #friesforlife


3. ICESTONE GELATO
📍Address: 59 Bridge St, Chester CH1 1NG, United Kingdom
🕒Opening Hours : Daily 12pm -11pm
💰 Price: Affordable
We felt extremely excited when we thought the gelato was just one pound. However, we only realised it was the price of the cone when we entered the shop.

It was my first time eating gelato in such a cold weather!



4. CHESTER CITY WALLS




5. BEAR AND BILLET
📍Address: 94 Lower Bridge St, Chester CH1 1RU, United Kingdom
🕒Opening Hours : Daily

This is one of the last of the great timber-framed town houses in England and it's a pub now.


6. RIVER DEE
The River Dee is very interesting. It's a river in United Kingdom that flows through parts of both Wales and England. It forms part of the border between these countries.




7. GROSVENOR PARK
📍Address: Grosvenor Park Road, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 1QQ
🕒Opening Hours : Daily

This park is just located outside the city walls and overlooking the River Dee. If you like squirrels then this place is for you. This was my first time seeing lots of squirrels in the park. 






Taking photos near the miniature railway.


This is the type of park that I don't mind lying on the ground and roll on the grasses.  
After that, Boi sent me to the train station and his mum fetched me there. Then he went to hangout with his friends.


*****
Let's Hi 5 The World!

You Might Also Like

0 comments