ENCORE MELAKA

June 23, 2019


A few weeks ago, my boi and I went to the white sand dunes, Klebang Beach. We spotted one unique building from the sand dunes so we decided to drive to see it. Then we discovered Encore Melaka for the very first time. A few weeks later, I received an invitation from Encore to watch a show and share my experience on my blog. It was my very first time to watch a show in a theatre and I felt glad that the Encore show didn't disappoint me.

1. Encore Melaka is definitely one of the top 10 places that you should visit when you go to Malacca. 
  • It's very near to Klebang Beach -  It's just 12 minutes' drive from Klebang Beach to Encore and 17 minutes from Jonker Street. 
  • Most instagrammable place in Malacca: You can take lots of photos at Encore with this iconic white building. This building is special because its geometric roof has concaved arcs made out of thousands of fish scale-like LED panels. 

  • The show is quite interactive - I cannot reveal too much. Go and watch it then you'll know the surprise! 

  • Southeast Asia's first 360 degree rotating audience platform facing a 240 metre-long stage with multiple built-in hydraulic stages. This was the first time in my life to experience this *Ahhhhh-mazing* show.

  • Well-trained performers - I did watch some performances by Encore when I went to the Lantern Festival in Jenjarom. All of their dances were well-choreographered. For a person who love dancing, I really like their dramatic choreography in the show especially the Nyonya dance. The dancers danced gracefully in their kebaya made me go awoooo.

  • When art meets technology: Throughout the performance, there was a 3-D projection mapping with intricate theatre props creating a virtual reality that allowed me to travel through times. I was so impressed by the technology used by them to present the storyline. I was so in awe and I kept asking my boi , 'Is it real?' Lol. 

  • Three languages: Three languages are narrated throughout the show in respect of the various mother tongues in Melaka - English, Bahasa Melayu and Mandarin.

  • Directed by a well-known director: Wang Chaoge was the co-director of the opening ceremony at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing. It's such an honor to watch a show directed by her.

2. Price : 
Standard Seat: Malaysian (RM128) , Non-Malaysian (RM148)
Premium Seat: Malaysian (RM228) , Non-Malaysian (RM248)


3. Showtimes:
Monday to Saturday: * 5.30pm & 8.30pm
Sunday                    : 2.30pm & 5.30pm

*5.30 pm show is not available during weekdays in July.

Thank you Nizah for getting us the Standard Malaysian and Standard Foreigner tickets. 

Hmmm...so excited for our first theatre show.



We went there on a weekday so there were less people taking photos at this famous photo spot.

Photo taken by my insta bf. #approved 

This corner reminds me of the Sydney Opera House!!!



The theatre embodies the cloud and the sea, movement and serenity, where East meets West. I love their design concept.



Friendly Nizah gave us a tour and explained about the building, the show and the future plans of Yong Tai company. 





There was a ticketing kiosk in the toilet. 

p.s. I love their toilet too ;P  



There are seven scenes in the storyline. I don't really want to comment too much about the scenes because #nospoilers .

  1.  Parameswara : 


  2. Basically this scene was about how Melaka got its name.
  3.  Cheng Ho:
  4.  Nyonya & Wedding:
  5. This is one of my favourite scenes.




    #weddinggoal xD


    There's something special from this scene. I was quite surprised by the performers. Shhhhhh can't tell you.
  6.  Six Mothers: This scene made me tear up a bit. *cryyyyyyyy* 
  7.  Pregnant Women: 
  8. This scene was the highlight and climax of the show.
  9. Wau: 
  10. Finale:
 The audience can take photos with the performers after the show.

 We're surrounded by the performers. Feeling like a superstar. ;P

 After the show, we took more photos of the building. 

Daytime.
v.s
 Nightime.



 Entrance for the VIP.

 There're some ships behind the building.

We had such a nice evening stroll around Encore.











 This is a nice spot for photos too.














Discovered a nice view from the carpark. 

 Souvenir shop. 

 The box office is located beside the souvenir shop.

We bought a bottle of mineral water. This was the cheapeast souvenir that we could afford to buy after our UK trip. Lol.









*****
Let's Hi 5 The World!

You Might Also Like

0 comments