That's just....Wow!

December 30, 2013

Recently I read a book entitled The Facebook effect which is written by David Kirkpatrick. This book which I bought from the bbw sale really has this page-turning magic.It makes me want to read more about this social network. This is my first time reading a business and economics genre book. This writer did a great job because I didn't find this book difficult to read. I just find some financial terms like stocks and bits difficult to understand. Hmm...it's so difficult to start a business. It's not as easy as it seems. All these sucessful people have sleepless night. And I came to realise that Patience is the key to sucess. Couldn't agree more that the creator of fb is such a genius. When they invest in something, they need to take risk. My reaction after reading the book is...hmm business...that sounds interesting but very very complicated. Hah! Not really a business-minded person. For instance, how they deal with the servers problems, ads and etc. Wow....as a frequent user of fb, I just know how to use fb. Don't really how this things function and don't know how they came out with all these features like tagging and newsfeed.After I read it, I learned that it involves lots of process.So complicated. There are programmers who write codes for fb. There are many things I don't really understand about these selling stocks thingy. For instance, when a company is growing big, there are some other bigger companies want to buy ur company..They are people who want some share...or some percents. Like the phrase used by the author so frequently-Want a piece of it. Sounds so complicated. Hmm...all these business strategies.Selling and buying. Need more time to digest these theories. Such a competitive world. The author also mentioned about exhibitionism which means people on fb are searching for digital fame. Many people tend to fish for compliments. Well. For instance,skinny girl posts an ootd picture with caption like 'I'm so fat!' which I really can't stand. Haiya...why all these pretty girls do this to us. Sort of attention seeking.Hmm...but I enjoy to become their loyal audience, longing for more posts from them.What's wrong with me. HAHA. Haiz....feel so bad :( Ah ha....erm. I guess many people prone to do this whether consciously or subconsciously la. People start to monitor their fb to see pictures that they get tagged and what represent best to their friends. They will do it religiously. Okay, I admit it. I did that too when I was in high school.Very often. Seemed to care a lot about what others think of me. Now...ain't no time for that. Old already, Sleeping like a log is the only thing I want when I am in my hostel room.
Talking about hostel which means the end of my so-called holiday. Hoorey.For me...not that I don't like holiday. Long term holiday just make me to become like a sloth and gain weights! Let's shed these fats before cny wey.hahahaha. My resolution for 2014:Spend more time on something beneficial. Details of it. In my head. HEHE.2013 has been such a great year for me. Learned a lot. Wonderful.Memorable.To the creator of fb,you did a splendid work. I really get to know more about people through fb.

*Big people always talk about things whereas small people always talk about people. *
*Don't afraid of being different. People say you are different because they are all the same
Inspirational quotes  :)

Should read this book if you want to know more about fb :) teehee.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

You Might Also Like

0 comments