MAXWELL HILL , TAIPING

March 18, 2022


When we found out that the jeep service was not available after we booked our hotel, it's too late to change our plan. So we decided to take the challenge to hike 20km!!!! I had to say I was glad that we always hike so we were quite physically prepared for this Maxwell hike. I almost gave up after we arrived at one of the bungalow. Little did I know that the hanging bridge was just 5 minutes' walk from the bungalow. 
It took us 3 hours to finish the 20km hike. We were really exhausted and the hike downhill was quite a challenge because it was so steep. I could really feel my toes after the hike. Then our thighs were so sore after the hike. I couldn't really walk fast that day so we went to buy yokoyoko at night. After the hike we went to meet up with my friend. We had a nice day at Kuala Sepetang. In the evening we went to Taiping Night Zoo. 
There was only one toilet at the Maxwell Hill entrance. If you are a small bladder person like me, please make sure you pee before the hike! I was glad that I didn't go to the toilet at all during the 3 hours' hike.


Another stop at the Tea House.

Worth the hike for this amazing view!!!!  Everything here was so torn and some of the hotels were not operating anymore.
We just stopped our hike here and we didn't make it to the TM tower which was the top of Maxwell Hill. Even though it's just few kilometres to go but luckily we didn't proceed. I don't think we can walk anymore if we still continue the hike.


My friend told me that the straight road in this photo was actually the road to Kuala Sepetang.



Total steps for that day. The day when I walked the most in my life lol.

So happy to call it a day and returned to our airbnb. It's called Raintown Cottage. 
You can get a nice view of Maxwell Hill from this airbnb in the morning!


*****
Let's Hi 5 The World!
 





You Might Also Like

0 comments