AEON MALL PHNOM PENH AND BROWN CAFE

December 21, 2016


Before we went to the Tuol Seng Genocide Museum. My friend took us to Aeon Mall, Phnom Penh. This mall can be considered the biggest mall for them. Most of the shop lots inside the mall were similar to Malaysia’s Aeon Mall. For instance, Carlo Rino and Mango.  However I think that this mall is a favourite hang out spot for the rich Cambodian and expats only. When we were window shopping, I saw a travel pillow with a 12 USD price tag on it. My friend and I exchanged looks and blurted out the same words. 'Crazy? This is so expensive. I don't think we can even afford to buy it!' I found out that more local people were at the riverfront promenade. Even though it was very hot in the afternoon, many families were having picnic around the area of promenade. Our tuk tuk dropped us outside the entrance of the mall so we had to walk to the mall. Thus, I didn't know about the parking rates of this mall. 
 Suddenly we felt like we were in Malaysia.



 The chairs were so comfortable.


 We sat here while waiting for my friend to top up credit for his mobile phone.


Then, my friend brought us to his all-time-favourite coffee shop which named Brown Café. We were very hungry for the past few days so we were really craving for a nice meal at Phnom Penh. The price displayed on the menu was expensive but we decided to spend our money there. This was because we were going to board a plane back to Malaysia soon and we had a few bucks left in our pocket. Thus, we ordered food and drink without any hesitations. Actually we didn’t plan to order any drinks but thank God we ordered the drinks. Why? This was because the drinks were so nice!

Brown Cafe is truly a nice place to chill after walking under the scorching sun. When we were waiting for our food and drinks, we saw many rich Cambodian kids here. I felt so sad when I compared these rich kids with the poor kids that I saw at the temples. The poor kids at Siem Reap were busy selling postcards whereas these rich kids were busy selfie in the cafe. *I'm sorry to say but I was quite annoyed by these rich kids* Then my Cambodian friend told me that 'This is life.' Then I realized that the gap between rich and poor in my country is not that bad. I really had a nice conversation with my Cambodia friend about life, politics and economic inequality. I gained lots of insights from him because he studied law and political studies at his university. I felt great for the sharing sessions because this young lad definitely knew many things than me.


 My friends ordered Soya Vanilla Strawberry Frappe and Iced Caramel Macchiato.

Price: 
Soya Vanilla Strawberry Frappe -(regular) - 2.95USD
Iced Caramel Macchiato (regular) -  2.75USD


 I ordered a cup of Caramel Macchiato. (regular)
Price: 2.70 USD 


The food that I ordered was Carbonara Spaghetti (regular). 
Price: 4.25 USD


We had a mouth-watering lunch before we went back to Malaysia.

Do check out this cafe's menu here.

                                                                    Let's hi 5 the world

You Might Also Like

0 comments