OXLEY HOTEL REVIEW

July 12, 2016

After I got my first salary, I decided to treat my mum. So I offered her to go for a short vacation to Singapore. She told me that she after she stopped working at Singapore, she missed Singapore a lot.  She always long to go back to her previous workplace where she met my dad. xD Even though my dad is working at Singapore, she never has the opportunity to visit him. It's very costly to go there even though it's just for a day trip. At first I suggested her to stay in a hostel because it's cheaper than hotel. However, my mum didn't want to stay in a hostel because she didn't want to share bathroom with strangers. It was quite a last minute trip actually. I booked the hotel one week before the arrival because I was busy with my job. Hence, the best deal *the cheapest or should I say the affordable* that I could find was from this BOOKING.COM website. This was my first time using this website because normally I prefer to book my accommodation from HOSTELWORLD. 


Oxley Hotel, Singapore

 44 lorong 6, geylang, 399199 Singapore, Singapore – Show map
Phone: +6568421618


The counter

The aisle. We stayed at the last floor.

The view from my right after I opened the door.


The left side was toilet. Shower gel, toilet roll, toothpaste, toothbrush and towels were provided.



A very small room.


The bed.




Review
Rating 7.1
Hmm...Overall it's okay to stay if you are out of budget. Still acceptable because we seldom stay at the room and we only went back to sleep at night.

- The room was dirty and the shower was leaking.
- We found many small cockroaches near our bed.
- Location was far from MRT station but it has walking distance to reach the bus stop.
- It was quite noisy even though we stayed at the last floor's corner room.


+The staff was friendly.
+Free wifi.
+Air-conditioned room
+TV
+Many Chinese restaurants there.

Cost
We stayed there for 3 nights in a budget twin room.
Total= SGD 148.69

We chose to stay here because it was located near to my dad's workplace. If you go to Singapore just for the purpose of travelling, it's better to book your accommodation near Chinatown, Little India, or Bugis area.
The best perk of using Booking.com is we don't need to pay for deposit when we booked the hotel. Besides that, we can cancel the booking anytime without any charges. We just pay the money when we stay there.

Lastly, this is the view from the hotel's room. Overlooking the Singapore National Indoor Stadium.

You Might Also Like

0 comments