CNY 2014~

February 04, 2014

Good evening everyone. I went to Thailand a few days ago to visit my relatives. So, it was a long journey. As usual. We departed from LCCT on Thurday afternoon. We reached Don Mueang International Airport at 4.45p.m. After that, we went to Udon Thani by Nok Air. Fortunately, the tickets were not sold out yet. Thus, we saved almost ten hours because we traveled by plane. When we reached Udon it's already 9 p.m. local time. Ah! I was so happy! When I was walking out from the arrival hall, I saw my grandma. She was already there together with my cousin. We waved and walked towards my grandma. She hugged me. So tight. I wanted to cry. Lol. I didn't know why. But luckily I managed to hold my tears before anyone noticing it. "Hao gan dong" :') If I cry, it would be tears of joy. My little cousin grows up so fast. He can talk already. And another cousin of my is getting prettier. Not so tomboy-ish anymore.Damn. Haha. Anyway, I am happy for her ^.^ It was very cold at my grandma's place. I slept right after I reached my grandma's house. Too tired to have supper with them. Ahaha.

Day 2
I won't forget about this day! Hahaha. This was because the tuk tuk that we rode broke down in the middle of our journey back to my grandma's house. Hmm..How to say. We board this tuk tuk to Amphoe Phen which is like one hour's ride from my grandma's town. We had seven people including the driver. We managed to go to the town happily. After spending our time at the town, we went back with that tuk tuk again. We were chit-chatting happily in the tuk tuk on our way home. Okay. Not me la. Just my parents and my grandma talking. My bro and I just enjoyed the breeze. It's so hot and I wanted to go back early. Out of a sudden, we heard a very loud explosive sound. At first we thought the tuk tuk hit on something like stones. I thought it's not ours tuk tuk because it was still moving.Unfortunately, it was ours! One of the tires became inflated and this cause the tuk tuk couldn't travel for more distance. We had no choice and needed to get down from it and push it to the nearest shop. But.....the road was deserted. No houses but only trees-filled road. We walked 2km to repair the tuk tuk. We sat at the shop and had our lunch while waiting for the tuk tuk to be repaired. Owh, I thought all is well. I was wrong. After the tuk tuk had been repaired, we continued our journey. We figured out some ways to ensure that the accident won't happen again. My mother asked my bro to sit with me and my grandma at the right side. On the other hand. My dad and my mum sat at the other side. Trying to "balance" the tuk tuk.*logic* However, it broke down for the second time. Just plain tired..don't really want to continue the story. Lol.


Mum. Looking good!

DAY 3
 On the third day, our saviour has come. My uncle backed from Bangkok. So he had a CAR that could fetch us for sight-seeing. We went to Sala Keo Kou, a tourist attraction at Nong Khai. The place was breathtaking. Los of buddhist sculpture there.



Personally I like this sculpture the most. :) Mum told me the stories behind some sculptures. 
Mum said this is "xiao fo"
Elated

 After that, my uncle fetched us to Mekong river. My dad told me that the opposite side of the river is another country which is Laos. So, the river is kinda like a border. We can go to Laos by riding boat. However, we didn't have visa. So, we couldn't go there. According to my dad....the river is very deep. DEEP. People will die if they want to swim to the other bank. Hmm. Okay.


My bro and I at the lively night market, Mekong river.

That's all.....lazy to write the other grandmother stories here. Now let's the pictures do the talking.
My uncle's daughter. Cho pretty I would say. She has beautiful eyes.

And she looks like North West....Lol. Nola....

cuteness overload.


Selfie with my cousin. My face is so big. Huh..
With my still healthy and young looking grandma. Riding Tuk tuk on a windy day.
Took many photos before we went back to malaysia. Mum made it very sad because she said that the next visit will be five years later. Five years? Many things will change and I don't think I will be able to feel so close with my relatives like now. Grown up don't "play" with each other anymore. "Play" likes even  though we didn't talk but they still can understand our body language. Our laughter. Really cherish every moment with them. When we were in Mekong night market, I fed my grandma with some chestnut. She felt happy.The smile on her face made me feel like argh......like want to cry again. Some kind of mixed feeling I guess.

The siblings.Reunion.
I ate Pad Thai and kuey teow soup daily.....
Nothing more to talk. Reluctanly.....we say goodbye.
Everytime I go there, I will think of my life. I always imagine how does it feel like if I can swap my soul with my cousin. Life will be very different. We always want more in our life. That's normal. We want the latest things. Owning cool things like that. For them all these are luxuries. That's why I always feel glad that I am not born with silver spoon. So, I can really feel how they feel. Poverty. Maybe it's hard for rich people to understand this. People don't really travel to rural area. If you can, please go. That's the real travel. You'll never know their culture if you keep on going to the tourist attraction. What portrays on the TV does not really reflect their real life situation. In TV all are rich, beautiful and famous. Not all are rich. Think about it. Don't always believe what you see on TV ....Like Ms Leong said before...you watch TV, then you laugh laugh and laugh. But what can you get from it? Most of the citizen are still struggle to bring home the bacon. If I were given a chance, I want to be born not so rich. Thus, I can know it's not easy to earn money. Like you can earn your own money and spend your own money. Taste the fruit of your own hard work that's the greatest thing in this world. Like I want to have something that is my own. Build my career myself without my parent's help. If you do understand the message that I'm trying to convey. I think our lives are very simple and happy :) I like it this way.

Appreciate of what you have in your life. :)
And don't forget to dream big! 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love your story... the journey makes us realize many things in life.. I like the way you reflect your journey.. I hope through this we all can become better teacher, that not only teach, but producing harmonized young citizens...

    ReplyDelete