DEE CAFE, SIEM REAP, CAMBODIA

December 27, 2016


We took our first meal at this cafe after we reached Siem Reap. After our 6 hours' journey from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap, we felt so hungry. This cafe was situated a stone's throw distance from our hostel. Our hostel did have a cafe but it was closed at 9 p.m. So we went to this cafe to eat first before we strolled casually around the area of pub street and night market. All of these places were very near to our hostel. It just took us less than two minutes to reach these places. The hostel was located at a very strategic place. 

This cafe had lots of special food and drinks. For instance,  food like fish amok and Lok Lak. At first I planned to order fish amok but I changed my mind..*you know...I always have diarrhea.* I really wish I could try all the food here but it was too bad that we were broke. It was our first day at Siem Reap so we were very concern about our budget. My friend and I spent too much at the night market. *girlsbeinggirls*  xD 



Menu

The price was okay for us but we still ordered the cheapest food and drinks.




1.  Lart Cha-Vegetarian Khmer Short Rice noodle = 1.5 USD
2. Fresh passion fruit juice =1.5 USD 


I ordered Lart Cha and  fresh passion fruit juice. The Lart Cha was very nice but the vegetables were raw. The portion of the food was okay. It tasted like Char Kuey Teow but Lart Cha was not that salty. On the other hand, the drink was very sour but I was okay with the taste. I learned a few Cambodian phrases here because I overheard the farang 's conversation with the waiter.  

Bong = Use it to address someone who are elder than us..something like sir or madam.
Geb Lui = Bill please. Geb means collect whereas Lui means money.

So, it goes like this. Lol.
Bong, geb lui. Geb lui.

Overall the food was good and the price was affordable for us too.


Rating 
Food                :✮✮✮
Price                :✮✮
Atmosphere     :✮✮

****
My latest travel video



Let's hi 5 the world


You Might Also Like

0 comments