MALIOBORO RESTAURANT, BALI, INDONESIA

April 05, 2020


Finally, another dream of mine came trueeee. Bali is always my dream country and it's a country that I save it to travel with my beloved person. When my boyfriend said we would celebrate Christmas in Bali, I felt that I was on top of the world. There are so many places in Bali that I always want to go but I don't realise that Bali is so huge. Bali is such a big island. My boyfriend booked a hotel in Ubud. I didn't know much about Bali until I bought a RM10 guidebook from a bookshop. It's quite hard to travel around Bali because of the transportation. You can save lots of money on transportation if you know how to ride a motorcycle. However, it's still not advisable to ride bikes there especially in Nusa Penida. Luckily I managed to book a driver to drive us around in Bali for a few days. I think the price of hiring a driver is cheaper than you hail a taxi on the spot. If you want to know how to book the driver, you can message me. The driver is friendly. Luckily I could speak Malay language so most of the time I could converse with the driver.

The boss and the driver picked us up at the airport at 19.25 Indonesia local time. Fortunately I booked my SIM card with Klook before the depature date, so I just collected it from the Klook staff when we arrived at Denpasar airport. I bought the 3G/4G Prepaid SIM Card for RM23.08. The simcard validity is 25days.My data package was 8GB + 8GB by XL. It's data only and I could not make phone call. You can use my invite link for RM15 off. So you just need to pay RM8 for the simcard. it's hassle free and the Klook staff was so friendly.

Then the boss suggested us to dine in at this Malioboro Restaurant. We were really hungry when we arrived at the airport and we didn't know where to eat authentic Indonesian food. So thankful that he gave us some suggestions on how to order food. It was peak season and we're stucked in the traffic jam for almost half an hour before we reached the restaurant. 


Lonely planet is always my favourite travel guidebook. However, I found out the local gave me more useful suggestions especially on food. The kind of Malay food that you can't find in a travel guidebook.


*Heavy breathing* Normally I would sleep when I was in an airplane. However, I wanted to see how beautiful Bali was from the sky. I couldn't see a thing and it's just the ocean view. The sunset definitely took my breath.


Hmmm. What to eat tonight???? Our first meal in Bali.

Must drink this when you're in Bali. Sosro Bandung. You can't find this in the guidebook anyway. Thanks a lot to our driver for the suggestion. This Sosro Bandung was like the top 3 local favourite drink. I even tried to make my own Sosro when I returned to my country.

TAHU TELUR
Rp 32.000
Scrambled egg with tofu, soy sauce, cabbages and peanuts. Simple dish but it was really tasty!

AYAM PRESTO TELUR ASIN
1/2 chicken Rp 78.000

We ordered the salted egg pressurized chicken. The chicken was so crispy that we could even eat the bones!!!! It tasted like heaven and it was our first time eating chicken bones.

Yay! Our first change hehe.

Pork! Pork is everywhere in bali.

Wow! We saw pork satay as well. We felt weird to see these pork signs written in Malay language because it's not something that we could see in Malaysia.

AYAM TULANG LUNAK MALIOBORO
📍Address: Jl. Kediri No.50 I, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia
🕒Opening Hours : Daily 9AM -10PM
💰 Price: ⭐⭐



*****
Let's Hi 5 The World!


You Might Also Like

0 comments