MICHELIN-STARRED SOYA SAUCE CHICKEN RICE

February 18, 2017

What's so special of this chicken rice that made us queued for an hour? Just because this is the cheapest Michelin-starred food at Singapore.I did try this chicken rice at Chinatown's hawker centre before this chicken race was awarded. The first time I tried it was two years ago. My friend and I had no idea about what to eat so we just searched for any stalls with lots of crowd. So, we went to line up at the stall which was named Liao Fan Soya Sauce chicken rice. They were many locals queuing at the stall so we joined them. At first, I thought the main reason that many people queued up  at the stall was because of their cheap food. The chicken rice was sold at SGD2.50 which was the cheapest food that I could find at the hawker centre. I was a budget traveller thus it's really worth the wait. I spent less and I was really full because the portion was big. The first time I tried it, I couldn't remember how the chicken rice tasted like. We were very exhausted. I didn't realised that it was so delicious until I went to try for it for the second time. Lol.

On our way to Smith Street. It was rooster year so a big rooster was set up at the Chinatown area. 

Okay. This chicken rice is not only the cheapest Michelin-starred meal in Singapore but in the world. We arrived at the restaurant at 9 a.m. and
.
.
.
.
Gosh! Such a long queue even though we arrived before the shop opened. The shop opened at 10 a.m. so we were standing there for almost one hour.

Finally we managed to squeeze inside the shop. I was surprised to this machine.The staff helped us to order. However, this machine was for person who had credit card or their local Ezlink card. When it was our turn to order, the staff just motioned us to go to order at the counter. There was a customer ordered 50 set of chicken rice. Very insane. And we were unlucky that we queued behind this customer. Hence, we really waited for so long to order the chicken rice. Not to mention we had to wait for approximately 20 minutes to pick up our food. By the time we finished eating our food, it's already 11:30 a.m. 

Luckily the food was delicious. Really worth the wait. If not I swear to myself I won't go to the restaurant again. 

After we paid the money, we got a number and we had to find a seat. Good luck for people who go to this shop alone because you may find it hard to get a nice seat. Your seat will be gone when you go to pick up your food at the counter. Luckily there were two of us so no people dare to take our seats. Besides that, I was lucky to get to see the Chef Chan walking around the shop. He was really busy. He's clearly no time for fame, taking photographs and fan signing session. Nope. Some of the tourists also didn't recognise that was him when he came out. 

We ordered two set of chicken rice. The set came in with a plate of chicken rice and assorted drinks. One set costed us SGD 6. I did not really fancy the taste of the rice. The rice is not that nice but the chicken is the bomb. So juicy and tender!!! Nothing fancy but hey at least I had tried Michelin-starred food in my life. Lol. Next time I should just order a whole chicken and share it with my friends. Yes we just came for the chicken!

If you really want to try this Michelin-starred chicken rice. I suggest you to go to their previous stall which is located at the Chinatown Complex Food &Market Centre. Less crowd. Less frustration. The only downside is you have to dine in at an area with no air-conditioner because it's a hawker centre.


Liao Fan Hong Kong Soya Sauce Chicken Rice & Noodle
Address            : 78 Smith St, Singapore 058972
Opening hours: open daily except Wednesday from 10AM–7PM


Their original stall
Address            :
335 Smith St, Chinatown Complex (U/C), Singapore 050335

x10's Rating
Food:✮✮✮✮✮
Price:✮✮✮✮✮
Atmosphere:✮✮✮✮✮



Let's hi 5 the world


You Might Also Like

0 comments